Thread: Introducing myself after years of lurking

Guild Novice

Post Introducing myself after years of lurking

Hello Guild!

I have been drawing maps for as long as I can remember. As a kid on family vacations, I would go around the campgrounds to draw better maps than the ones provided at the front desk. I spend countless hours on Google Maps for no specific reasons. I find elevation maps to be a fascinating thing and I see a great beauty in the reliefs. I have no background in art (traditional or digital), but I've been playing with Photoshop for a few years and I'm starting to learn a thing or two.

I decided to start posting on CG to show my progress on my Castenet Regional Map, my D&D campaign setting, a project that has been simmering for a few years but that I always put on the back burner.

Hopefully I'll manage to stay active on this forum, certainly it would help me complete my projects.

I look forward to sharing with you!

Welcome on board, fellow cartographer !

Welcome to the Guild! And wow what a great first contribution, looking forward to seeing more from you!

That's a beautiful terrain map! I spend all day in front of the computer for work so my art and mapping are always by hand but I would love to be able to approximate this look/feel. Absolutely gorgeous!