Thread: Need help with CG taking money out of my bank account

Default Need help with CG taking money out of my bank account

Hey! For years now I have given $8 per month to CG. But NOW - I'm on Social Security and CG is taking the money out of my account too early. Please cancel the subscription. Once things have settled down I can see about starting up again. Thanks!

Mark

PS: I tried to send Robbie a mesage but it says his email inbox is full.
    PPS: There is no way to handle this in my Settings in my account. There IS a way to send more money - but no way to stop a subscription.
    PPPS: If I don't hear back in a week, I'll get with my bank and stop the payments that way. But I'd rather have them stop from here. :-)
    Unless otherwise stated, all my works are protected under CC BY-NC-ND.
    Photo Album : http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=88001

Can one of the Admins or Community Leaders take a look here, please, if this hasn't been sorted yet?

I'm looking into the problem, but the gold paint on my new hat hasn't quite dried yet. Robbie is the site owner and I'm not sure how to go about getting ahold of him to look at this. There is a "delete subscriptions" on the mod panel, but I'm a little unsure if it will remove the subscription or all of the user's content.
    I expect that this will get resolved in the next few days.

Blog Entries

I will have a look too. As said, Robbie deals with all of the money aspects of the guild but there is probably some subscription thing in the admin settings. This did come up once before but I cant recall how it was solved.

Gimme a while....

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    I'm looking into the problem, but the gold paint on my new hat hasn't quite dried yet. Robbie is the site owner and I'm not sure how to go about getting ahold of him to look at this. There is a "delete subscriptions" on the mod panel, but I'm a little unsure if it will remove the subscription or all of the user's content.
    I expect that this will get resolved in the next few days.
    Not being a moderator - no such thing on my panel - only "Paid Subscriptions" which allows you to pay money to CG. Maybe that should be added in some way, shape, or form. ???

Sorry about that confusion, the "delete subscriptions" thing is on the administrator panel, which regular users don't have. In theory senior admin Redrobes did something that should have resolved the issue, but please let us know if you get billed again next cycle.

I am going to go ahead and block any more attempts to take money out of my bank account. I remember this came up about a year or two ago. (Shows you how much I really check my bank account!) And I think Robbie said he got rid of this charging me. So obviously - I do not think the program is really working properly. Which is why I will block it at my bank.

To be fair - I want to thank everyone who has looked at this. :-)

Later on folks!

Ok! NOW I know what was going on. First, Robbie DID cancel the payments - BUT - they continued. So the question is - WHY? Why did this keep happening?

The reason is PayPal.

When CG started taking money out of my account - PAYPAL made it an ongoing payment. Now - why? I have no idea but I went to my bank and my bank said this was a PayPal payment. So I went "Oh! I need to go look at PayPal." So that is what I did. I clicked on the payment itself which brought up a dialog which had another link to managed the monthly payments. I clicked on that link. THIS popped up a new screen which said this was an automatic payment for EVERY MONTH. So! That takes care of why, when Robbie canceled the payment - it was still ongoing. For whatever reason, PayPal did not get rid of the auto-payment part and thus kept sending $8.00 to CG every single month (or Fantaseum).

Ok. So my bank has nothing to do this this. It is all PayPal's fault for not stopping the payments when Robbie canceled my monthly payment. (Funny how things are coming back to me now and not before. Ugh.)

So now - I have canceled the monthly payment AND NOW I have to make me a note to check and make sure no more monthly payments are being made.

Thanks again to everyone!

Blog Entries

I am pleased that you sorted it out. Even for admins, there is not a lot of involvement we have with any money and payment transactions. I am unsure how the system works with the forum and ongoing subscriptions. It sounds like the forum will set up a transaction for monthly payments to Paypal but once set up its ongoing until you cancel it.