Thread: How you label?

Default How you label?

Hello , USually I use photoshop to laberl couse gives me most freedom and I am already in the map files, but when I try to make a curved text I only get that arch thing in the text option but apart curving the font it also enlarges it to me making it deformed somehow, is there another way that preserves the font size and shape ?

You'll want to have the label sitting on a vector curve. Create a path (2 or max 3 anchor points is all you need), switch back to the type tool and you'll be able to create the text on the path. You can then use the vector tools to manipulate the text path in order to manipulate the text.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    Hello , USually I use photoshop to laberl couse gives me most freedom and I am already in the map files, but when I try to make a curved text I only get that arch thing in the text option but apart curving the font it also enlarges it to me making it deformed somehow, is there another way that preserves the font size and shape ?
    I hardly use wonderdraft for anything anymore, but one feature that is still vastly superior to Photoshop/Gimp is their labeling tool. So I still import maps into wonderdraft for labeling if I want curved labels.

I use Inksacpe. You get total freedom with the labels can put them on different layers (like Rivers, towns, etc), changing kerning spacing and all that technical stuff, change all the fonts of a layer, all sizes and so on and so on. Then I export them as png and put them back in the raster file.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I have just used a mix of spreadsheet and presentation program to get most of my labels and the title. I would copy it and then paste as a picture and then copy the pic and paste into Gimp as a new layer. I am going to try and do some text on paths and see how it goes.