Thread: French hobby mapmaking enthousiast !

Post French hobby mapmaking enthousiast !

Hi everyone.

Name's Jonathan, from Lyon, France. I recently discovered mapmaking. I'm everything but a good drawer, but, it makes me feel relaxed and pleased to create worlds.

The past weeks were dedicated to compulsively gather infos and tutorials. Doing so, I found a video on youtube linking to Maxime's website. Then, from there, found a link to this forum.

I'm looking forward to learning with all of you and to improve my map making.

Oh, before I forget, I started roleplaying and reading fantasy at the age of 10. And never stopped since. I always love travelling in imaginary places.

Thanks in advance for the, surely, warm welcome.

Blog Entries

Bonjour and welcome to the guild - nice name by the way !

We have a large group of French artists on the guild which do amazing work. Get stuck in and dont be afraid to post your works in progress.

Bonjour! I'm glad you decided to join us Jonathan! I can definitely identify with feeling relaxed and just enjoying the process of map making. It's really one of the things that got me into the hobby as well. Now that I do it full time I still really just enjoy the drawing process in a similar way.

I look forward to seeing you around! Be sure to check out the tutorial section as there's a lot of great content over there.

Happy Mapping!
    - Josh

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I'm looking forward to having a good time around here. Already seen sick tutorials. Still searching for hand drawn tips and tricks, as I mostly draw by hand.

Can't wait to learn so much more.