Thread: Grand Manor -- WIP

Guild Member IllustratedPageBookDesign's Avatar

Wip Grand Manor -- WIP

Hey y'all! I am currently in the midst of an obsessive mapping project. I got it into my head to do a map of a grand manor house with a vaguely Victorian time period. I'd ultimately be using this for a virtual DnD game, hence the grid. Although I'm sacrificing some of the practicalities of grid alignment for aesthetic, I am trying to keep to the general, 1 square = 5 feet scale.

It's become a big project. This is my second full color, battlemap type building map. So asides from some kitchen stuff from my prior bakery project, I don't have an existing library of my own assets to pull from, so I'm making a ton of stuff for this. I'm using a combination of DAZ 3D Studio and Adobe Photoshop.

I've gotten pretty far, but I still have a ways to go. The bedrooms all need to be fleshed out, and the empty room on the top floor is going to be a study. I'm also thinking about redoing the curtains in the servants quarters. And I still need to do pretty much all of the surrounding grounds/landscaping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Manor Map wip2.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	7.11 MB 
ID:	134880

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Looks really good. First glance reminded me of Clue. Wish you luck in your game.

Thank you! My roommate also mentioned Clue when I showed it to her.

Latest update is that I've worked a lot on the upper bedrooms. Those now have basically all their furniture/items in place. I still need to place furniture and props into the study, since that's still largely empty.

I've added some decorations to the pink parlor on the first floor, but otherwise haven't done much more there. I'm contemplating whether or not to make table settings for the dining room.

On the basement/grounds, I've added in some bushes. I'm working in Photoshop and keeping the bushes as smart objects, since I've also made winter and fall versions. That way, I can easily swap out the versions to make different seasons. Inside, I've completed a few bedrooms and the wine cellar, plus developed the laundry rooms more.

I was hoping to finish this by the end of December, but it looks like this project will continue on into January. Aside from items and furniture, I still need to do shading on the entire thing, especially since I want to create both day and night versions.

Name:	Grand Manor WIP 6.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	134980

I should have updated this before, but I finished the map months ago! It's three floors, day and night versions, and three seasons (fall, winter, summer/spring).

Name:	Grand Manor 1.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	135868 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Manor 2.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	135869

Name:	Grand Manor 3.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	135870 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Manor 4.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	135871

Name:	Grand Manor 5.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	135872 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Manor 6.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	135873 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Manor 7.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	135874