Thread: The Continent of Eia - Satellite View Labelled

Map The Continent of Eia - Satellite View Labelled

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eia CG.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	8.96 MB 
ID:	134996

Hi guys, gals & non-binary pals - been a couple years since I last posted. I'd like to present the finished map of my world 'Eia', created in Photoshop, Wilbur and Blender. I've slaved over this world for several years now, and am very happy with how it looks! Unfortunately the file size limit means the smaller town names are hard to read here, mainly because the original image is much larger than this.

Blog Entries

Thats very cool indeed. Well done. Just out of curiosity - how big was the original then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Thats very cool indeed. Well done. Just out of curiosity - how big was the original then ?
    Thank you! 12000px by 18000px - this is the northern half of the continent where the story is actively taking place, so I only uploaded this bit for now

Several years!

It's a masterpiece for sure. I love the level of realize it has while still feeling like an epic fantasy classic.

Top notch work! Looking forward to seeing more from you

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Very impressive, I can tell you've spent a huge amount of time on this. The level of detail is stunning as is the realism of the landscape. The work you have done on world-building for this piece as well must have been substantial before you even consider the work involved with the artwork itself.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGoffVisual View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eia CG.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	8.96 MB 
ID:	134996

Hi guys, gals & non-binary pals - been a couple years since I last posted. I'd like to present the finished map of my world 'Eia', created in Photoshop, Wilbur and Blender. I've slaved over this world for several years now, and am very happy with how it looks! Unfortunately the file size limit means the smaller town names are hard to read here, mainly because the original image is much larger than this.
    Very nice, it has both at the same time the realism of a dem map and the colors of a fantasy painted map , good job.
    btw I see you used dem + wilbur , how did you do to not have the mountains get destryed when wilburing the terrain ? I often have that problem when I do aply on dem maps.

Very nice work! There's clearly quite a lot of work behind it and it pays off.

Beautiful work! The terrain seems very realistic, and I love how the mountain relief looks. Wilbur's rivers always come out so pretty. If I had to nitpick something, I'd say the dark outline on the coastlines is a bit too strong for my taste - especially the massive shallows to the south become bit of a mess in my eyes because of it. But other than that I really dig the look of this. The time and effort shows. Kudos!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.