Thread: Socials

Default Socials

How do you socialize ?
    I mean how to increase your knowledge popularity as artist on socials and web?
    I have been on Deviabt art for 11 years and when I post sonething I only repost in some pertinebt groups and once on artstation...
    I got like 500 watchers in 11 years , and like 50 on AS .. but I recently saw a bunch of new AI artists popped out of nowhere that in few months reached thousands of watchers and they barely follow anyone.
    Whats going on?
    I never particularly pursued visibility or else but ...

Blog Entries

i am not sure .

i am still deciding if going "core" is really worth it on deviant art
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I'll just say at the outset, in terms of conversation and social engagement nothing else I've used comes close to the guild. I very rarely get comments or have meaningful conversations with the community anywhere else.

For business promotion, Instagram is the only place I've really find to be that compelling, you have to watch the spam and scam messages though. I've also tried deviant art and artstation but haven't seen much traction on either place. After two years I actually shut down my deviant art account as it just didn't seem worth being there.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    i am not sure .

i am still deciding if going "core" is really worth it on deviant art
    Given all the recent AI related bs, I sure as hell have lost faith in the site in general, I wouldn't even dream of actually giving them any money now. I did get a decent amount of traffic from dA back in the day, fairly sure my first-ever commissioners actually found me there, but it's been years now and I haven't gotten any more work from there in ages. In my opinion the site did pretty much go down the crapper when they did that massive re-design a few years ago.

For me, most of my work these days come from Instagram, Twitter and my own website. Not a massive amount, and that is probably my own fault, I just can't find it within me to spam the channels as endlessly as I probably should.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

There had been a pretty good community of cartographers on Twitter, but I've just about hit the breaking point with Twitter's slow-motion demise.

Is there a particular Mastodon server that Guild members have been hanging out at?

Not that I use it a huge amount myself but I've mostly seen other Guild members on dice.camp or mastodon.art
    I was planning on making a Guild Mastodon soon, however wanted to find my feet with running the twitter first

Guild Apprentice

I don't know of a specific Instance that Mastodon/Fediverse users who hang out here are clustering around yet. SF&F people more generally are supposedly migrating to wandering.shop.
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse