Thread: Looking for Professional Biblical Cartographer

Help Looking for Professional Biblical Cartographer

Hello all. I am writing a book with the gospels and Acts in chronological order. I am including high quality satellite maps (among other things). I have the locations already plotted on a master map. I'm looking for someone with skill that can create new maps using fresh sat images and plot only relevant data on it as it corresponds with the passage at hand.

For instance - In Luke 1:39-40, Mary travels to visit Elizabeth. I don't need every single location plotted (that is on the master), just anything related to Mary's journey.

I also need an advisor to help me source data for the maps, or source different sat images.

Does anyone know someone like this? Or perhaps you could advise me on where to look?

I can't advise you on where to look, but remember that current satellite images will be quite a bit different in many ways from how any given area on the world's surface looked 2000 years ago. These differences are especially true for river courses and vegetation. In the middle east, for example, many ancient forested regions are now totally deforested and there are huge numbers of small to medium rivers that have been dammed to form reservoirs. The rivers themselves also migrate, especially year-round rivers with wild flow fluctuations like the Jordan, Euphrates, and Nile.