Thread: New to the guild, here to learn.

Map New to the guild, here to learn.

Hi everyone, new to the guild, very glad to be here. A few years ago I started drawing maps as a hobby and from there it just snowballed into something too big for me to complete with the knowledge I currently have, so I'm here to learn! I currently have a rough draft of my map that I have completed (I'll attach it to this post) and any feedback, criticism, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eric Map.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	135070

I found out about this site from Reddit so this is my first time here. I'll be spending the day exploring the site and trying to learn how things work, so please forgive me if I don't respond right away.

And thanks to the Mods, this site is awesome and I really appreciate whoever keeps this place running, hoping to be here for a long time.

Glad you made your way over here!

Your draft looks to have some lovely continent shapes, that should be a good starting point for any future mapping. Do check out the tutorial section if you haven't already - many of the tutorials available are quite old at this point, but can still extremely useful depending a bit on your chosen software. I'm completely self-taught when it comes to digital artwork and got started mainly with the Guild tutorials.

Just holler if you have any trouble finding your way around or need anything else Welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.