Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jan/Feb '23 Lite Challenge: Into the Unknown

Looking good, the ships are a nice touch. Are the red cracks the "Blight" spreading or are they cracks in the planet's surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking good, the ships are a nice touch. Are the red cracks the "Blight" spreading or are they cracks in the planet's surface?
    They were meant to be the "Blight" but I guess I can let the viewer interpret it either way.

Guild Novice

Hi Turambar!

I've been meaning to take the time to tell you I think Into the Unknown is amazing. First off, the colors are great. I'm curious what the brighter red is looming over the planet, but I think my favorite part is the destruction working its way around the south pole. I keep looking at the constellations wondering which one I'd like to bounce my happy butt to ASAP. How fast is the spread of the blight? Is there time to pack a lunch? This is exciting stuff! Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Harnerton View Post
    Hi Turambar!

I've been meaning to take the time to tell you I think Into the Unknown is amazing. First off, the colors are great. I'm curious what the brighter red is looming over the planet, but I think my favorite part is the destruction working its way around the south pole. I keep looking at the constellations wondering which one I'd like to bounce my happy butt to ASAP. How fast is the spread of the blight? Is there time to pack a lunch? This is exciting stuff! Great work.
    Thanks so much! Unfortunately no time to pack a lunch...

As for the red, I assume you are referring to the red on the top right of planet. That is actually just Blight coming around, but the sun is shining there so its brighter red. Perhaps, I made it come to far north on that side, so it may be a bit confusing, but I wanted to make it apparent that the continent shown is the last remnant of civilization.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12