Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** February 2023 Challenge: Map a Star System ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** February 2023 Challenge: Map a Star System ***

Bogie was the winner of the trial run of our new hint-based Challenge system! Bogie, your prize is: you get to choose the the topic of the next challenge!

PLEASE DO NOT ANNOUNCE WHAT YOU'D LIKE THE CHALLENGE TO BE HERE!

Instead, PM me and let me know, so I can give hints throughout March for what will be the April Challenge. You will be on the honor system not to start your map for that challenge before April 1st should you choose to enter! (And no hurry if you need time to come up with a good idea; you've got a whole month to think about it.)

Okay, so yep, the challenge for February will be to map a star system, just like the tin says. It can be a traditional top-down or side view, it can have just a few planets or dozens, or nothing but debris fields interspersed with ancient senile AI battle stations, whatever you want.

Please title your entry threads like so: February 2022 Challenge: << your title goes here >>

Don't forget to put the little ### Latest WIP ### tag in front of each of your work-in-progress images so the scraper can pull them up for viewing, both as the month goes on and especially at voting time.

The challenge will run until Tuesday 28 February - short month this time, so work fast!
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-02-2023 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Bogie was the winner of the trial run of our new hint-based Challenge system! Bogie, your prize is: you get to choose the the topic of the next challenge!

PLEASE DO NOT ANNOUNCE WHAT YOU'D LIKE THE CHALLENGE TO BE HERE!

Instead, PM me and let me know, so I can give hints throughout March for what will be the April Challenge. You will be on the honor system not to start your map for that challenge before April 1st should you choose to enter! (And no hurry if you need time to come up with a good idea; you've got a whole month to think about it.)

Okay, so yep, the challenge for February will be to map a star system, just like the tin says. It can be a traditional top-down or side view, it can have just a few planets or dozens, or nothing but debris fields interspersed with ancient senile AI battle stations, whatever you want.

Please title your entry threads like so: February 2022 Challenge: << your title goes here >>

Don't forget to put the little ### Latest WIP ### tag in front of each of your work-in-progress images so the scraper can pull them up for viewing, both as the month goes on and especially at voting time.

The challenge will run until Tuesday 28 February - short month this time, so work fast!
    Awesome! Will be interesting to see the entries!

you've got a whole month
    A whole short month. (dun dun dun)

I have so many space themed assets on Cartography Assets. I have a star system just waiting to be lovingly mapped. MY BODY IS READY.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    MY BODY IS READY.
    Haha!! Haven't heard that in a long time.

I'm going to enter as a non-participant; been a long long while since I did anything space-themed, but I'm taking myself out of contention for actually winning the Challenge.

Think I might have to jump in on this one. Have an idea for a binary star system that I have been wanting to try, and this seems like a good excuse to give it a go.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Just realized I had the wrong dang year in the title. I'll change it for our first two contestants, too. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    HaHaHaHa!!! Oh My! So my prize is I get to pick the next topic... That's like a chef winning a contest and his prize is he gets to pick the House Special of the Day for the restaurant across the street!!

So my dilemma is, do I try to come up with a great topic like Map a scene from the Mandalorian, or do I deliberately mess with you... Map an infinitesimally small point. And I have a whole month to make you sweat! Bwahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    HaHaHaHa!!! Oh My! So my prize is I get to pick the next topic... That's like a chef winning a contest and his prize is he gets to pick the House Special of the Day for the restaurant across the street!!

So my dilemma is, do I try to come up with a great topic like Map a scene from the Mandalorian, or do I deliberately mess with you... Map an infinitesimally small point. And I have a whole month to make you sweat! Bwahahaha!
    The heavy burden of Smartness!

What about 'make a map based on the anatomical structure of the human eye'?

Well, shoot! I already did a big bang map!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast