Thread: February 2023: B'hob Peten's Star

Default February 2023: B'hob Peten's Star

Bad artwork verging on non-existent, poorly-formatted wall of text in a hard-to-read color, overly simplistic concept to justify the lack of quality linework? Yep, I'm back!
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peten's star.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	135157
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-15-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Bad artwork verging on non-existent, poorly-formatted wall of text in a hard-to-read color, overly simplistic concept to justify the lack of quality linework? Yep, I'm back!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peten's star.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	135157
    Haha , The star is so big that makes the whole Star System ? .

Guild Member

I like the color orange. I like orange juice. Your art is orange. Therefore, I must like your art! lol

It's a tiny, tiny low mass star all alone by itself with not even much gas left nearby, much less anything solid (no visible background because everything is too far away and faint to be seen over the "glare" of the star itself). Swinging in almost too close to a mass or several masses large enough to get you moving that fast will tend to strip away anything that might be orbiting. Having no metals and being a barely-burning speck of gas, it might or might not have significant surface speckling due to convection cells. The assumption here is that there will be sufficient mixing to keep the star pretty much featureless in the visible spectrum, although it probably looks a little different in the IR where most of its emissions lie. A bit lighter and it would be a super-Jupiter and probably have visible banding. A bit heavier and it would probably end up as one of those class M stars that can be prone to nasty intermittent flares and have conspicuous surface detail.
    The remains of B'hob Peten's ship (more or less a collection of high-energy subatomic particles after its particular kind of catastrophe) would be moving away at roughly the speed of light and be nowhere near the star itself. A civilization with drive units that can go 50 megaparsecs can certainly calculate how far away from the star to drop into realspace in order to catch the moment of reintegration (over and over if desired). Sure, they may not have the best sensor suite in the universe, but their drive engines are _amazing_...

Kinda feel sorry for B'hob. He won't get to enjoy his fame.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I'd say that B'hob is right there in the full glory of the experience.