Thread: February 2023 Challenge: The Herikosian Cosmological Array

Default February 2023 Challenge: The Herikosian Cosmological Array

In this brief demonstration, our guest professor will show you the relationship between the multiple celestial bodies that make up our solar system, and the relationship with more advanced spellcasting. Most of you are still within the first circle, but those of you who are not will understand the sympathy between our own world, and the sun, which is one of the strongest sources of fire that can be focused on through your spells, those of you who ...

I will be creating a cosmological map for the Grand Academy in Herikos, in my own darling little world. In this world, most magic is based off of the sympathy and symbolical connections between stellar bodies, and the relationship between them, the caster, and the area around them. The most obvious is what is listed above, and would be most powerful in a place with an extreme connections to the sun, symbologically and literally (eg: desert), or Arcanum, as its referred to in my world. The most obvious example would be a culture who worships the sun, lives in the desert, is constantly exposed to it, and has practices that date back centuries enhancing the connection. They would likely be the strongest users of that kind of magic.

Anyways, this is besides the point, this was just to give you an idea of how this stellar map will probably be less a typical stellar map, and more about mapping the sympathies between stellar bodies, along with them themselves. If that makes sense. Regardless, here is the start of my map.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SolarSystem01.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	135278
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 02-14-2023 at 09:51 PM.

Hmmm this could be interesting. Do they have that old school thinking that their world is at the center of everything or have they come to the conclusion that they are just one of the many things revolving around something else.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

I like the look of this start. It could be many things... a magic symbol, a piece of jewellery, a mosaic on the floor of an important building. It's artful.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

I have to remember those connections, they are nice, different, clean and sharp.
    I hope you finish this map.