Thread: Kelvanra Reborn

Map Kelvanra Reborn

Despite feeling like I'm just yelling into the void here, I'm trying to get back into the habit of actually posting some maps to the Guild.

It's been a long-ass while since I've had the time or energy to do any personal mapping. But commission work has been a bit scarce for the start of the year, which ultimately is not great for me nor my bank account, but at least it's given me an opportunity to actually work on some maps just for my own enjoyment for a bit.

To keep a long story short, sometime last year Ifrix and I started tossing ideas around about our Guild Characters, and ended up getting a little carried away. It spun wildly out of control as these things sometimes do, and it eventually has caused me to start largely re-working my Guild World land, the isle of Kelvanra. The setting and its people have now started getting more meat around their bones, and I've ended up re-designing the shape of the island and the archipelagos around it (no offence at all intended for J.Edward's orginal sketches, but I do always prefer designing my own coastlines).

This is the first rough I've completed of Kelvanra's new look, and it mostly served as an opportunity to flesh out the coastline and play with some visual themes. I'm only working out the actual landscape, and at this stage I prefer to leave the map blank and low-detail and let it serve as a starting point for later, zoomed in sections. Not a huge amount to see here, but I had a lot of fun making it, and I'm looking forward to exploring the island further.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewKelvanraWatermarked.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	135385
    Last edited by Kellerica; 03-01-2023 at 01:56 PM.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

You're not yelling into the void and your map is beautiful !!!!

Hi! This map looks incredible!. I really don't think you are yelling into the void posting here, its just that most people just don't write comments. For example this is the first comment I've ever posted and I check out the new finished maps on cartographer's guild all the time. I think the same goes for a very very large amount of people here, and they simply just come to view and enjoy the great maps that are here. Again though, awesome map!

Quote Originally Posted by nick18l View Post
    Hi! This map looks incredible!. I really don't think you are yelling into the void posting here, its just that most people just don't write comments. For example this is the first comment I've ever posted and I check out the new finished maps on cartographer's guild all the time. I think the same goes for a very very large amount of people here, and they simply just come to view and enjoy the great maps that are here. Again though, awesome map!
    Aye, you're not wrong. I see the amount of views these threads get, and the amount of registered members who've read the thread. I've just been around long enough to remember that people definitely used to get a lot more comments on their maps in the years past, and I sometimes miss the more active side of these forums.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Hi Kellerica, I have to second Nick18. I rarely comment the maps, not because I don't look at them, but mostly because I tend to say always the same, due to my poor experience in mapping (more with digital media). Most of the time I spread rep, and the majotiry of time without any comment. Sorry to be not so participative.

Love the simplicity of this map! Really highlights the great work on the coastline. Keep it up!!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I just love the minimalism of this map. I love what you've done with the ocean too!

With Arcane on this, like the minimalistic approach.

As for commenting... For me it is sometimes difficult to make comments unless someone is asking for specific advice or suggestions, and even then I am sometimes hesitant to make those without being able to offer a potential solution.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Love this! Simple and very effective!