Thread: The Otherworld - Fantasy Map

Map The Otherworld - Fantasy Map

You can see OG thread here for my map drawn on paper with micron pens

https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...ad.php?t=51497

I cleaned this up with Paint Tool Sai and colored it, using my Huion Tablet - I think this probably took me six hours or more with multiple breaks.

The setting is Otherworld, a world of fae including dragons, elves, rabbit people, etc - where my MC ends up in who is the sole human. It's obviously bit fantastical so you'll see stuff like pink deserts, rainbow hot springs, etc. The influence heavily comes from my love for mythology, fairy tales, and the place names and cultures reflect that there and here though the main interest is certainly Gaelic to visit my irish roots. Also probably a few biblical notes for my complicated relationship with religion.

I know the names are bit unreadable in some parts but they're more placeholders so should they get an official release, I'll likely fix up with readable names - this is why every area isn't named yet, i haven't though that far ahead in the story I'm building since it starts off in Aimsir first.

Feel free to comment!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	otherworldworldmap3.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	135389

[Scaled down from its OG size]
    Copyright Ciel Doberman, do not repost, copy, etc

Looks like a very intriguing setting! I like the landforms, especially that archipelago to the west and the mist covered isle to the northwest. You've got a few issues with rivers here, but given how, well, otherworldly the setting is, it may be intentional for all I know

I love the little flourishes on the scale and the simple compass. Iit's also a cool approach to actually draw the labels by hand, I know most people just opt for using fonts if they are working digitally.

Nice to see new people starting their digital mapping journeys, welcome to the Guild!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.