Thread: Feb/Mar '23 Lite Challenge: Coastal XVIII Century Gun Battery

Wip Feb/Mar '23 Lite Challenge: Coastal XVIII Century Gun Battery

Okay, I'm entering this challenge with a drawing.
    I'm not sure if the final picture will be with all the guns in the same room or just one room for each gun.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230308_140438.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	522.1 KB 
ID:	135443

Welcome to the Challenge 4maram! Very cool, looks like a lot of the coastal forts I have been in.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what are we counting as a room in this case, because usually in a coastal battery there are no doors. So I could take the whole room as the three levels of the cannon front, the level of the battery or the working zone of one single cannon...
    Or I could make a schematic cut of the whole building, highlighting one of the cannons' working area.

I could also include some slides about charging the cannons, the types of shots, the number and tasks of the gun servants, but that would have to be outside the challenge.

I think the view that you have in your initial sketch is probably perfect for the intent of this challenge, but we are flexible.

Map

Hi, I'm not going to be able to finish it in time either. Work from school (engineering school) is piling up, so I'll release here some models I made for the view and the last WIP map, with some blocky things for the gunpowder cardriges, the bullets and the stove for the red ball shot. On top of the cannon, there will be an orange square where I was going to put the rods that push things down the cannon, clean it, etc.

The servants of the gun will only be put on a pair of guns, and it won't have any more explanations, sorry.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CartoGldliteChngMar2023.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	914.3 KB 
ID:	135459

Oh, I remember now the name of the working zone of a cannon. It's a casemate.