Thread: Error: "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

Help Error: "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

Hello, I have been having an issue with posting comments lately, and I am wondering if others have had this error. When I try to give rep or post a comment, I get the following error message: "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

It doesn't happen every time, and sometimes if I reload the page it fixes it. however, it has started to recur even after reloading the page or trying other browsers. Additionally I have tried clearing my chache and cookies, with no effect. I am beginning to think it could be an admin side issue with VBulletin, perhaps, based on this: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ME-FOR-A-FIX*=

If others are having the same problem, I can imagine it is discouraging people from posting. For me it has definitely been a challenge and taken a lot of attempts before getting it to work lately. FOr some reason it doesn't seem to effect new posts, only comments on other's posts.

Blog Entries

A security token is normally issued when it cant set a cookie. So try deleting the guilds cookies and logging in again and seeing that it has set a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    A security token is normally issued when it cant set a cookie. So try deleting the guilds cookies and logging in again and seeing that it has set a new one.
    I had tried a few times, but finally seems to be working again for now after clearing and restarting everything.

It also happens sometimes if you leave the screen up for a long time without entering anything (like overnight). Restarting the browser without doing anything else fixed my particular error message, but I may be Special.