Thread: Map of Alagaësia V.2 - From the upcoming illustrated edition

Blog Entries

Map Map of Alagaësia V.2 - From the upcoming illustrated edition

Two months ago, I recreated the map of Alagaësia from the Inheritance Cycle books by Christopher Paolini. I posted it on Reddit, where the author himself saw it, and he reached out to me asking if we could work on the map and tweak it a bit for the upcoming illustrated edition of Eragon coming out in November this year.

Now that the book has been officially announced, I'm really happy to share the updated version of that map! It went through a few rounds of revisions, I couldn't be happier with the end result, and I can't wait to see it in print later this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alagaesia Reimagined v8.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	6.80 MB 
ID:	135467

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Beautiful work - I love the colors and especially the subtle patterning in the desert. Nice!

The two rivers flowing out of Woadark Lake don't make a lot of sense, but I guess that's on the author, not you.

Wow! Congrats that's so cool that Paolini saw it! Have such a soft spot for Alagaësia as I was a young teen when they first came out and I read them religiously. You've definitely done it justice.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Awesome!

This was the book series that really got me into writing and eventually map making. It's great to see someone touch it up. Cool that CP reached out.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Beautiful work - I love the colors and especially the subtle patterning in the desert. Nice!

The two rivers flowing out of Woadark Lake don't make a lot of sense, but I guess that's on the author, not you.
    Thanks!

I'm told that the Woadark rivers are due to magic of some variety. One flows east, one flows west.

Quote Originally Posted by XCali View Post
    Awesome!

This was the book series that really got me into writing and eventually map making. It's great to see someone touch it up. Cool that CP reached out.
    Same actually! It was the first fantasy series that really resonated with me, and definitely served a gateway drug to other fantasy series, haha.

Really like the way you have done rivers. This is a good looking map. What program did you use?

Blog Entries

Thanks! This was made using only photoshop. The mountains I made using a custom brush thst I created using Tangram Heightmapper.

Default Wow...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I'd hate to ask how long that took to make! :O Amazing work! Wanna learn about the world just from the post of the map!

fantastic! i love the colors