https://www.clipstudio.net/en/

So Clip Studio Paint is, annoyingly, moving to a (pretty convoluted) subscription plan. You can buy an upgrade from 1.x perpetual to a perpetual licensee for software that will last until 2.1. Or/and you can buy a yearly sub plan that is 11 dollars cheaper than that upgrade (but you still only have the version 1.x perpetual license) and gives access to all updates and features for the length of the plan. I don't really understand what the advantage of buying an Upgrade would be at 39.99, as opposed to just getting a yearly sub at 28.99? Unless you don't expect their new features to be worth while (but I can say I've used many of the newer features they were adding to the 1.x license, such as liquefy).

My particular machine is also claiming there is a .99 per month sub plan available, but when I look that up it's only for mobiles apparently. Maybe it can't tell what sort of computer I'm using it on? It doesn't make sense to have a monthly plan be less than half the price of a yearly.

Ach it's all too confusing.

By the way there is a 60% sale on ATM if you want the joy of figuring out this stuff for yourself too.