Thread: Resettled Ruined city Map set in Golarion

Default Resettled Ruined city Map set in Golarion

In a previous campaign a few characters resettled a ruined metropolis that had been abandoned for 10'000 years. I plan to run a adventure based in the city, (after eight years of reconstruction and repair). This city is set in Golarion, (Pathfinder), but sadly does not have a map. I have decided to see if i could get together with an artist and create the city proper.

The city is called Bilith-Vel and is/was dedicated to Acavna, god of defensive warfare and the moon. The city was famous for its interconnected skyscrapers, though I'm not certain how we could represent that. Pathfinder has a fairly low detail approach to their city maps, and i am not against following that module as well. I have put together a rough jumping off sketch, but i find myself unable to capture the scale of what I'm after, the city should be several miles across. I tried to emulate a Star fortress style, though i admit to a poor understanding of the wall style. I'd be willing to switch to a normal wall if you think it looks better. Also, the wall came second, so the city in the center is not really laid out with it's presence in mind (it's a bit blocky) so we would need to spread the city out a bit.

As for payment, i will work with you on that. I have a healthy budget and am sure i can cover the cost. The timeline is reasonably loose, a few months to whatever you need. I can't start the adventure until i have this, but we are currently working our way through book 4 of an adventure already. So we have a good amount of time. I am looking for something approximating pathfinders city map art style though it doesn't have to be exact. I will do my best to answer any questions you have, and i will include references below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bilith_Vel V4 labled.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	366.8 KB 
ID:	135531   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g45t4.PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	135532   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Artstyle example.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	979.4 KB 
ID:	135533  

I think this is right up in my alley

For a while I drew a lot of maps for d&d campaigns, but mainly cities in Faerun. No one asked me to draw cities of Golarion. I would like to give it a try, you can send an email with the details at hynworks@gmail.com

First, we have to establish the size and scale of the drawing, the map seems large.

Check my instagram page to see my style: https://www.instagram.com/hyn_works/

Well the city itself should be a few miles across. I realize i made things too big in the sketch. As for how big the map itself should be.... Not sure, i'd like it to be big, i plan on uploading it to Roll20.
    Last edited by CrankyDm; 03-27-2023 at 05:46 PM.

This looks like it would be a lot of fun to map. I specialize in city maps, so if you like my style you can send me an email at alexmacdonald91[AT]Gmail[DOT]com. You can see some of my previous map commissions here.

I'd also like to throw my hat into the ring for this project as well. I've made city maps for a number of clients as well as my own world and know I could make a great one for you as well. You can find my work at https://kate_moody.artstation.com and if you like what you see you can send me an email at kateam@optonline.net.

Hope to hear from you.

Guild Journeyer

Hello,

I'm interested in your project

You can find my work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart

IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

feel free to hit me up via any of those pages or via endi.oblak93@gmail.com

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyDm View Post
    Well the city itself should be a few miles across. I realize i made things too big in the sketch. As for how big the map itself should be.... Not sure, i'd like it to be big, i plan on uploading it to Roll20.
    The real size of the map is not a big problem, we should understand the size of the drawing and the scale of reproduction. This affects the details and difficulty of drawing of course. Perhaps a 20/25'' x 12'' (50.8/63.5cm x 25cm) map would fit.

In my opinion it's not essential to be perfect, we don't have to represent a city to get there by car We just need to have a measure to proportion the drawing Do you have any size requirement for roll d20? Perhaps the answer is there. However, if you want, contact me without obligation and we can talk about it.

hynworks "at" gmail "dot" com
    Last edited by hyn_works; 03-28-2023 at 03:54 AM.

Roll20 wants squares that are 70x70 and it chokes at about 70 squares on the wide end and literally will break at a certain number of them. It also has an upload limit depending on what kind of account you have.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Thank you for all the interest. I have decided on an artist for my project.