Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: April/May '23 Lite Challenge: Map a historical portion of your hometown.

Alright. I don't technically live in Kuala Lumpur but I work there and that will have to be good enough. Kuala Lumpur grew as a tin mining settlement. After hours of trawling through the library, I found a reproduction of a property map. It's not as old as I would have liked; the marking 'Federal Territory' dates it to after 1974 while the Hong Fatt property was alienated in 1988. I can overlay it on openstreetmap with surprising accuracy considering I took a phone-photo of a printed reproduction in a book (I had to distort and scale a bit). I'll try to unify it in a map showing where in the present day the mining pits ended up (more or less a no-brainer: they're now lakes) but maybe interesting and at least an exercise for me. (someone please explain to me why a property map has an inset of the Malacca straits which in turn has an inset of the South China Sea. These insets obscuring part of the property.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_2023-04-28_00-00-56.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	135655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osm.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	732.1 KB 
ID:	135656

Ok, Time to wrap this up! 24 hour warning, I will start the vote sometime after midnight tomorrow night. (US eastern daylight time)

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Is there but a single entry?

There seem to be two?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12