Thread: Hi I am Daniel

Info Hi I am Daniel

Yoo! I am Daniel! i dont know where to begin, but I just discovered this amazing site! How come I never know this exists since I studied my major in Geography with a minor in GIS!!!

I am always fascinated with fantasy maps, but I never try making it yet (Dont ask why! haha) I only did school-related maps which may be a bit boring!

I wonder if ArcMap/QGIS softwares can create fantasy maps or only apply to real world?? Let me know!

Any suggested tutorials for fantasy map making?

Cant wait to make new friends here!

Blog Entries

Hello Daniel, welcome to our hidey hole on the internet. I think if we were super popular then it would be crushed under the weight of spam and inconsequential stuff that the rest of it suffers from. But we hold out and keep an Old School type of site going and its pretty friendly.

Arc and QGis can certainly do fantasy mapping. They are both more technical apps compared to artsy Photoshop / Gimp style stuff and the results tend to reflect that. But for those dedicated enough to make a serious and in depth world then a GIS geo-referenced app can help you immensely. So they wont *look* as fantasy in style but as a means of charting a fictional world, they can be great.