Thread: April/May '23 Lite Challenge: Map a historical portion of your hometown.

Default April/May '23 Lite Challenge: Map a historical portion of your hometown.

VOTING TIME April/May '23 Lite Challenge: Map a historical portion of your hometown.
    This month's Lite Challenge was to create a map based on a historical or famous portion of your hometown.

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.

CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps

Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 2 interesting entries so just vote your favorite.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone who you feel deserves it.
    Last edited by Bogie; 05-16-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Voting sounds fine and dandy - but HOW does one vote, and WHERE does one vote, and WHAT CRITERIA OR CONSIDERATIONS should form the basis for one's vote?

Occasionally, I browse maps that get posted here. Sometimes, I comment about maps that get posted here. Yet, when I read the posting above, I'm left without an understanding of the actual voting process.

I don't even know who is eligible to vote and who isn't. I probably should, seeing as how I joined this site a long while back, but I don't. If you get a chance and find the time, a little clarification might be helpful for any who, like myself, are lacking in familiarity with the way that the voting system works on this site.

There's usually a poll at the top of this page but I think uncle Bogues is mad busy or something and forgot to add it in his haste.

Your voting criteria are your own, whichever map(s) deserve your vote.
    I started a DeviantArt page
    https://strafwibble.deviantart.com/

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    There's usually a poll at the top of this page but I think uncle Bogues is mad busy or something and forgot to add it in his haste.
    Thank you for clarifying that.

I browsed some older challenges, and at least in some of them, guidelines were posted (I assume, as a reminder to those voting).

Absent actual guidelines/criteria, I don't think that I would have any clue as to why a given map "deserved" my vote. A boundless sea of discretion can untether one's vote from whatever the parameters for a given challenge originally were. Not trying to be problematic. Just trying to get a better grasp on the whole voting methodology in play here.

You are correct Straf, I am losing it. Since I can't add a poll I will restart this thread!