Thread: Hi - my name is Jakub

Default Hi - my name is Jakub

My name is Jakub Puk. I graduated from University in October 2022 in cyber security, but I have decided to take a slightly different direction in my career path - I am working on a fantasy map business idea where I hope to sell Dungeon world maps as well as some more modern style maps - and possibly create some maps for books. I hope that over time, this site will become a useful resource in terms of building personal and business relationships in the fantasy world and gathering market research.

In November 2012 I made my first fantasy map called the Freedman Island, located off the South Island coast of New Zealand. It was incredibly basic, as it was made in Microsoft Paint, but it has made me want to enjoy the concept of drawing fantasy maps more.

At this present moment, I am currently working on a fantasy map project called "Youtubia", a large modern-era fantasy map that aims to plot different YouTube content creators on a map as if they were cities. The landmass is divided into 16 provinces, named after different topics that content creators cover on YouTube. It is an early stage Work In Progress, having hand-drawn the outline and defined the capital cities (as each of the genres are named as provinces with capitals), and just starting to get to a stage where I am ready to work on it digitally (hopefully taking some inspiration from the Eriond fantasy map tutorials).

I currently have a blog where I am posting progress on the fantasy maps, and talk about a few other topics as well so do feel free to check that out: https://jakubsfantasymapworld.blogspot.com/