Thread: Astral Sea Map WIP

Wip Astral Sea Map WIP

I've been gearing up for a Spelljammer-type campaign. I love fantasy overland maps that really make you want to explore the world. Ones that are visually interesting and pique your curiosity. I find that a lot of star/planetary system maps are useful and even attractive, but don't really trigger than desire to jump into the setting for me. So I wanted to have a map that'd give some of those vibes. It plays on the "crystal sphere" concept from Spelljammer with systems inside giant crystals. I also drew heavily from 60s-80s psychedelic and cosmic Marvel scenes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planes map labeled.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	135771### Latest WIP ###

I've always used various assets before - this time I'm doing a mix of assets found online and my own drawing. Planning on trying my own hand-drawn map in the future, this one gave me a chance to practice a bit. Needs the labels and some touch-ups but getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by steelmccoy View Post
    I've been gearing up for a Spelljammer-type campaign. I love fantasy overland maps that really make you want to explore the world. Ones that are visually interesting and pique your curiosity. I find that a lot of star/planetary system maps are useful and even attractive, but don't really trigger than desire to jump into the setting for me. So I wanted to have a map that'd give some of those vibes. It plays on the "crystal sphere" concept from Spelljammer with systems inside giant crystals. I also drew heavily from 60s-80s psychedelic and cosmic Marvel scenes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planes map labeled.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	135771### Latest WIP ###

I've always used various assets before - this time I'm doing a mix of assets found online and my own drawing. Planning on trying my own hand-drawn map in the future, this one gave me a chance to practice a bit. Needs the labels and some touch-ups but getting close.
    Love the concept. Excited to see where you go with this!