Thread: Searching some information about map making

Guild Applicant

Default Searching some information about map making

Hello !

I'm search some information, tips and resources about map making for one of my games, https://opencombat.bux.fr/.
    It is a free and open source WWII game. I have to make top down maps, in high definition.

I found this forum through this page and I thought I might find some help.

Am I in the right place for this ?

Thanks,
    bux.

Quote Originally Posted by bux View Post
    Hello !

I'm search some information, tips and resources about map making for one of my games, https://opencombat.bux.fr/.
    It is a free and open source WWII game. I have to make top down maps, in high definition.

I found this forum through this page and I thought I might find some help.

Am I in the right place for this ?

Thanks,
    bux.
    Welcome! I believe this is the right place. The forums has lots of tutorials, but what you need will depend on the style you want and what software you intend to use. It looks like you are looking for semi-realistic top down battlemaps. Mapmaking Elements, here on the forum, has a lot of great resources which would be helpful for this. Externally I would look at the Vinytri Project, RPG Mapshare, CartographyAssets.com, and OpenGameArt . There are also countless asset creators on Patreon. I typically use Gimp for map creation (basically a free alterative to Photoshop), but of you want something more specific to battlemap creation, you might check out DungeonDraft, which is a very versatile software for just this purpose.

Guild Applicant

Hello !

Yes, I target semi-realistic top down battle maps. Thanks for these information I will take a look on them

Quote Originally Posted by bux View Post
    Hello !

Yes, I target semi-realistic top down battle maps. Thanks for these information I will take a look on them
    Good luck! Be sure to share some of your maps once you get started, and feel free to post a WIP thread if you want feedback along the way.