Thread: Request: City Map - Old Dwarven Capital of Barrohfar

Default Request: City Map - Old Dwarven Capital of Barrohfar

Commission: Paid! Due to the nature of the map and the specifics of such I feel it'd be best to discuss a rate/price once the scope of the work is clear as I'm generally not informed enough on this to provide a reasonable or otherwise respectful price right from the start. In this case we can discuss the price once we have a clear idea as to what will be happening. DM/Mail me regarding such. Budget leans itself up to 400 EUR. (There is room for increase if necessary but preferably staying at or below this amount.)

Subject: The city of Barrohfar is an ancient dwarven capital that was lost to time after a cataclysmic event known as 'the Rending.' Recently, the city has been rediscovered and undergone significant changes. It is now divided into three layers, each ruled by a different faction and constantly threatened.

The map I envision for Barrohfar should showcase all three layers individually while conveying their distinct characteristics. The top layer, Rax-Cyrusfar, symbolizes power and pride. It features lavish monuments, grand buildings, and a central plaza for meetings. At the heart of this layer stands a magnificent alabaster spire that pierces the ground. One important detail is that the main roads should be designed in such a way that a discerning eye can spot the central symbol of pride.

The middle layer, known as the Realm of Courts, used to be the government district and home to the common folk. It has now been reclaimed by nature, overrun with greenery and inhabited by the fey of the Mineral Court. This layer should depict an old city partially overtaken by plants and rampant crystal growths. It should evoke a sense of nature's resurgence while hinting at the layer's previous purpose as the military power center of Barrohfar.

The lowest layer, the Achelon District, is where the connection to the planar crypts was established. Unfortunately, this contact resulted in the transformation of the district's civilization into undead beings. Decay and the passage of time should be prominent features in this layer's style. However, the Dwarves of this district have maintained their pride and continued to care for their buildings. The focus here should be on the vast planar crypts, a massive graveyard comprising tombs and catacombs. At the center of the crypts, there should be a singular cathedral. Surrounding this area, a river flows with homes from the old days of Barrohfar, where the undead population resides.

In addition to the main map, I would like to include a legend on the side indicating important buildings and locations that the players should take notice of. We can discuss these specific details further once we have established the initial design.

Style: The Style is something I am still a little vague on as I have a hard time formulating a direct kind of style I want it to be in. I'm thinking that I would like for it to be more in the style of the actual Pathfinder maps. To make it look more authentic towards what they have going on so my city can be an almost seemless fit. Yet, due to the nature of the maps, I'm open to suggestions and some creative freedom there to make it fit with whatever styles are most comfortable and close to this. (Tldr: I'm flexible and open to discussion!)

Quality: Good question. It is purely meant for online use by me and my group for the Pen and Paper. Meaning that I would absolutely love it if it were a decently big map. Something you can zoom in on properly without gaining the ability to suddenly count all the pixels. Meaning both quality and size should match each other. If possible I may want to end up hanging this on my wall, above my computer, once finished and available for such.

Time Constraints: None really! Just more or less quality over quantity. If I can have the ability of being shown progress now and then that'd be amazing. But generally I prefer to relax and simply wait for something great to pop out. The players are not far into the story yet so I have all the room available to me. Flexibility is key.

Copyright: The artist will retain copyright! I will just be using it to hype my players up and claim something entirely homebrew as my own baby. The rest: All the talent shown throughout the map creation is entirely yours to claim. If I at some point would like to use this in something commercial or otherwise, I'll approach and discuss accordingly. But I don't intend to use it for such. Purely private as it is right now.

Contact Details: I can be approached via several different ways:
    - Email: maskeddmuniverse--at--gmail--dot--com
    - Discord: Maskeddmuniverse#1406
    Last edited by GammaPSCS; 05-28-2023 at 08:52 AM.

DM request sent on Discord! The username is Eowyn.
    My website (commissions open)
    My LinkTree (to find me everywhere)

Hello, I also sent you a DM request on Discord (I am Turambar on there as well). You can peruse my map portfolio, including quite a few city maps, to see if you like my style: https://www.deviantart.com/turambar91