Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

That's how they're supposed to work, Rob!

As to the kit you're buying that's pretty much the kit I've got. Heavy users say that the pentips stop working or break after two years or so, so I think I'll get a least 5 years out of mine. One of the nibs is an 'airbrush' nib which is spring loaded. i didn't get the transparent overlay, but I suspect it's just a piece of acetate. They one you are getting is the A4 sized one which is the largest practical size (imo), the other one we are talking about (A5) is half the size of the A4.

Got ya. It will definitely take some getting used to. My puck experience was it only worked when placed on the surface and a button pressed, but I don't think this will be a problem once I get used to the way the input works.

Regarding size, do you think the 6x11 might be too big? All my monitors are wide screen formats so I wanted to match that format with the tablet which sounded like good advice and I wanted to get something close to the size of a page so that I could do tracings and such.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

By big one, you are referring to the current 6x11 I mentioned?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yes, I'm assuming those are dimensions in inches? Although looking at mine, the tablet itself is about 10 inches by 14 inches and the 'active' area 6 inches by 9 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    [*]Professional accessory kit (includes: 5 Standard nibs, 5 Felt nibs, 5 Stroke nibs, 5 Flex nibs, an alternate Pen Grip without sideswitch holes, a nib removal tool, and a replacement side switch)[*]Five-button mouse
    The extra nibs will be nice, as the softer ones do wear. (The graphire does NOT have replaceable nibs, AFAIK)

Consider also that you will use this as a mouse pad as well, using the 5 button mouse on it, so it will park in that location of your desk space.

My graphire is a nice size that fits in my backpack on top of my notebook, so that might be a consideration.

-Rob A>

Very good! Yes, portability is definitely a consideration, and the one I'm getting has dimensions that will fit in my laptop bag perfectly so I think I'm good to go.

Now I'm just stoked as all get out and can't wait to get my check next week. I might just buy it this weekend and pay off the credit card with the bonus check... yup... that's what I'm going to do. I so can't wait to start playing with it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make the decision even easier and focus on what I really needed. I appreciate the help.

Hm... Part of the reason I really liked the idea of getting that mouse was because it is integrated, but I don't like slow. Is it battery free as well? I thought that was a feature of both the pen and the mouse that Wacom puts out which is another huge reason why I like that mouse. I'll definitely give you guys a review of the hardware once it arrives in my hot little hands.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast