Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

hehehe Nice

Maybe this Tablet is related to Ric Flair and is too busy "stylising" and profiling to answer the challenge....

Edit: Dagnabit, that was supposed to be "stylus-ing" stupid auto correct....
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 10-22-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Well from my personal experience the tablet > mouse, especially when you use a screen tablet and the screen has a rough texture.
    The control is way better than with a mouse.

I use an XP PEN ARTIST PRO 22E and I really like it. It's also good as a second monitor.

I was used to Wacom Intuos or even the Bamboo back then. Learning to draw with a mouse is not impossible but there are sweeter
    options in my opinion and when you have the funds to make your life easier: ***do it***

Those are my 2 cents.

Hey there I'm thinking about getting a new tablet for my second computer which runs on Linux. Does anyone have any suggestions? Which tablet runs on Linux?

pretty much all wacom devices will work on linux thanks to the linux wacom project. most of the drivers should already be pre-installed on an up-to-date linux distro. i actually installed debian on the wacom mobile studio pro and it runs quite well. other non-wacom tablets are also supported, some are pre-installed in the linux kernel, others through the DIGImend project.

see here for information about non-wacom tablets:
    https://digimend.github.io/tablets/

Exactly tablet! It's much more comfortable than mouse and provide the widest specter of opportunities

Default Mouse Vs Tablet

From my point of view, the tablet is much more convenient than a mouse

quirky_cartographer

I hear a lot of talk about Wacom tablets. I was looking it up to see about getting one because, being new to cartography, I just am using a mouse right now. After looking some I looked over to my left where I had my laptop set up for doing zoom calls for coaching and therapy. I realized it's a Surface Pro 3 with stylus. I about shook my head. It looks like I'm going to be grabbing GIMP for that and trying my hand at using a tablet. Hopefully it turns out better than my stick figures! The mouse isn't bad on CC3+, which I'm using now. But with wanting to do more sketching beforehand and in trying out new software I think the Surface Pro 3 will be a pretty good choice.

Everyone is so spoiled with their mice and tablets! I use a touchpad. =P

Seriously, I do use just that right now. With the amount of travel I did, it just made sense, mice on an airplane is horrible. With that said, I have encountered things that I just decided not to try because I did not have a tablet. I will be getting one for the holidays, either as a gift from someone else or a gift to myself, so I'll let you know about the differences then.

- E
    Content available for use under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0.

There are a few tasks where a mouse makes more sense. I use both. Tablet is vital for pressure sensitivity and ergonomic precision, but a mouse can get you pretty far on a map, if not all the way... you don't NEED pressure if you're doing texture sandwiches and using stamp brushes. Only if you're painting or drawing your own unique elements. Assembly, such as putting text on, I always do with the mouse.

I moved up from a Wacom Graphire 4, to an Intuos 3, to a Cintiq 13HD, finally to a 24 inch CintiqHD that is essentially a permanent fixture and takes up all the space my former multiple monitors might have filled. There are a few models newer, there's the One, the Pro, and the Companion / MobileWorkstation... they are steeply priced but quite interesting... I got mine from someone moving on to a Mobile Workstation, used for cheap because he wanted to assist another freelance graphic designer's path. I appreciate it, strange graphic designer who sold me my 24 inch tablet!
    Last edited by Tiana; 12-10-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455565758 LastLast