Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Mouse vs. tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Lol, that's some proper post necromancy right there!
    A real zombie thread, it just won't die!

I'm also one of those people who tried a Bamboo for less than a year before completely giving up on it.
    And I'm one of those people who just hasn't updated and still uses a Bamboo Capture that my brother bought for himself over 10 years ago . It has served me faithfully over the years, the surface is so scratched up and worn out but it keeps on trucking.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I recently switched from a Wacom Intuos to the large Huion Kamvas based on the recommendation of several Guild members. I'm loving it so far. Definitely a more affordable alternative to the Cintiq.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
    I recently switched from a Wacom Intuos to the large Huion Kamvas based on the recommendation of several Guild members. I'm loving it so far. Definitely a more affordable alternative to the Cintiq.
    Yep, the Kamvas is amazing. I've finished things with it in days instead of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post

And I'm one of those people who just hasn't updated and still uses a Bamboo Capture that my brother bought for himself over 10 years ago . It has served me faithfully over the years, the surface is so scratched up and worn out but it keeps on trucking.
    Same here. still (not) using that old bamboo that I originally bought to my sister.

Wacom used to dominate the market but now rival companies offer similar products for much less $. I juste can't see a reason to buy a Wacom unless it's for the brand name.

Very true. I originally got my Cintiq because I didn't really know of the many alternatives, but should I ever need to replace mine, I will think long and hard if I have any reason to stick with Wacom. Ifrix uses a XP-Pen and it seems excellent from what I've seen, and was significantly cheaper than my tablet.

But as long as this one works, I'm obviously sticking with it. Although my resolve has been tested a few times when Huion has had a sale and I've kept seeing the ads... I may not need a new tablet, but damnit, it doesn't mean I can't want one
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I may not need a new tablet, but damnit, it doesn't mean I can't want one
    Buy it... You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Buy it... You know you want to...
    You're a horrible, horrible person.

My art college used all Cintiq’s back when I attended, so that’s what I went with once I was done in school. I still have my same old Cintiq 12wx and it’s been going extremely strong for 12 years now, haha. I DO want to update onto something bigger (I really do feel like I need the extra space) but I do know that living in Brazil limits me like crazy!

I know another Brazilian artist that got both a Huion and an x-pen, and both died on him and he was left with nothing but dead equipment because Brazil has the stores for both those brands but not actual assistance for if anything happens.

So Wacom continues to be the only one that SORT of would help if needed.

But on the other hand, I know a LOT of professional artists that are switching back to intuits because of neck/back problems. Plus it is just so much cheaper??? So even I’m tempted, even though I adore drawing directly on a screen ;o;
    No idea how to make this look pretty, lol ignore me

Commissions open! https://vgen.co/JulieJubz or https://ko-fi.com/juliejubz/commissions

At the end of last year I finally cracked, and retired my old Cintiq 22HD. After a long consideration of all the available options, I finally upgraded to a Xencelabs 24''. Absolutely love it so far.

4K screen with a really nice paper-like surface and minimal parallax, and the whole thing is amazingly slim compared to how bulky my old Cintiq was. The tablet comes with a stand, two different pens, and an incredibly handy quick key remote with 8 configureable buttons and a scroll wheel, and the whole package still works out cheaper than Wacom's current 24'' equivalent that doesn't even come with a proper stand. Still not cheap by any means, but I feel I'm definitely getting my money's worth for what I paid. Doubt I'll ever by a Wacom product again.

The stand that the tablet came with was good enough, but I decided to swap it out for a monitor arm from Ergotron. Makes the thing extremely easy to manouver. I can easily pull the tablet close to the edge of the desk and angle it for drawing, and when not in use I can push it back and move it to an upward position so it doubles as a second monitor. This is how my setup looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	137323

No regrets about making the upgrade! I also managed to sell my old Cintiq on eBay, and I'm glad to know somebody else can put it to good use.
    Last edited by Kellerica; Today at 07:01 AM.

That’s one of the ones I’ve had my eye on, nice to hear someone who has one and likes it! Good news all around for sure
    No idea how to make this look pretty, lol ignore me

Commissions open! https://vgen.co/JulieJubz or https://ko-fi.com/juliejubz/commissions

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast