Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is "Rep" and how do I use it?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It's a secret formula - like the ones for Coke & Pepsi, locked away in a vault somewhere in the Florida Everglades.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Seems like an excellent rep system; nice and elegant. I suppose it's a vBulletin plug in and not available to us cheapos with free forums! lol

In the FAQs, the icon indicating reps is a scale. The one showing in the member information on each post is a star. Might want to make them match!
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

daviddwilson

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I've modified the reputation settings AND added an FAQ entry about them. Check it out:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fa...q#faq_rep_info

You might consider changing the following though:

Register Date Factor: for every 60 days, user gains one point of rep factor
    Post Count Factor: for every 50 posts, user gains one point of rep factor
    Rep Point Factor: for every 50 points of rep, user gains one point of rep factor

Quote Originally Posted by daviddwilson View Post
    You might consider changing the following though:

Register Date Factor: for every 60 days, user gains one point of rep factor
    Post Count Factor: for every 50 posts, user gains one point of rep factor
    Rep Point Factor: for every 50 points of rep, user gains one point of rep factor
    Why?

-Rob A>

Boy. That could lead to some serious rep inflation. Seems to me that rep is supposed to indicate the community's regard for you, not be directly scaled to time registered or how prolifically you post. I couldn't link to the faq but isn't it presently 1 point every year? That seems like a good number to me...rewards you for sticking around and remaining active, but not excessively so. Is there currently rep based on post count?
    M

Don't think so mearrin. Besides I repeat RobA's statement "WHY?". To be honest just look at the post by post comments more then the rep.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Despite not being active for a few months, I can answer this question. Rep is based on number of years since you've become a member, number of total posts, and the number of rep points granted to you by other members. So, yes, your total post count affects how much rep I grant when I give someone Rep. Last I checked, I grant something like 12 Rep whenever I give it out, whereas 'newbies' who have enough of their own rep to grant rep, only give 1 point of rep. The base number goes up once you reach 50 and again at 100 rep. Perhaps it still goes up with more Rep.

Let me experiment, Geamon currently has 34 Rep. Now I'm going to give him Rep and see how much I grant... now he has 48 Rep, so that means I grant 14 Rep, everytime I do.

I guess I forgot that I've hit another anniversary since I first joined, so I've been a member since June 2007... the more years go by, the more I can 'bonk' you with...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Novice

The REP FAQ link does not work.

To see Your rep, Look up top and clicky on the " Settings " in the top right under your name. For me it says "Latest Reputation Received (22 point(s) total)" and that both Lukc and Jaxilon gave me rep and how much.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've updated the OP to include Liking for Rep. Clicking like on a post should also apply reputation.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast