Thread: why do my effects disappear when saving as JPG/PNG/BMP

Question why do my effects disappear when saving as JPG/PNG/BMP

Hi,

i have a problem with converting my CC3+ Map to JPG/PNG/BMP:

I did an overland Map with some cities on it and named the Cities with text labels. I added a glow effect to the text labels' Sheet to have a nice white glow with the Text Labels. When saving my Map as JPG, PNG or BMP, these glow effects are not converted and the text labels within the Image-File end up with no glow-effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for helping!
    Flo

P.S. I'm sorry, if this question may have been asked before.

Hello Floschi, and welcome to the Guild (I see this is your first post here)

I am essentially a CC3+ mapper, though I do also make use of other software as well.

It is a little difficult to know exactly what the problem is without a few more details. Can I ask you a few questions?

1. When you say 'convert' I assume you are 'saving as' jpg or png format output files. Is that the case?
    2. Are you switching the sheet effects on/off at times to work on the map, or are the sheet effects left on?
    3. How close in to the map do you have to get before you can see the effects on screen in CC3? (If you have to be zoomed right in, and you are saving as a relatively small jpg/png file, the effects may not be noticeable)

When defining your effects, you probably want to use "Percent of View Width" or "Percent of Drawing Extents Width" as the Effects Units. If you define the glow as a particular size (Map Units), then the glow may disappear or become nearly invisible when you save as an image file because the size of the glow may be only a pixel or less across.

Hey,

I think i managed it, thanks to your help! Thank you very much! I used "Percent of View Width" for the glow effect. Somehow, CC3+ didn't render this glow when i saved as JPG, PNG or BMP. I now used Map Units and it worked!