Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Maps for D&D Homemade campaign

Post City Maps for D&D Homemade campaign

Project Scope:
    Homemade D&D campaign that will NOT be distributed, requested in digital format. Project is currently in development. I do not have any map making skills what so ever. This will be an on going contract for multiple city maps. These maps are to have the look and feel of a D&D city map such as Red Larch, Phandelin, Neverwinter, etc. You can find examples of these via google but I can provide if you need more information.

Setting:
    First setting is a mining town in a D&D fantasy setting.

Design Concept:
    The town is small to mid sized and is one of the major exchanges where miners take their minerals to be weighed and traded for coin. The city is close to the high mountain face that and sits east of the mountain wall to the west. There are shanty houses as well as moderate homes and brothels peppering the city. There is a shopping area where blacksmithing, leatherworking, jewelcrafting, and apothecary shops reside. Theyshops don't hold much.

Number of maps:
    One overview city map (labeled locations and districts)
    One overview city map (non labeled locations with labeled districts)

Technical:
    I will be loading this map into Roll20 so use your discretion as long as it is clear.
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    Requested by September 20th 2017 for first map.

Payment:
    $30, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files of every map requested as I will need a few for this campaign.

Contact
    Derrick Daniel
    seroth77(at)gmail(dot)com
    Please use subject line Sins of Hygara Maps

Hi seroth77,

I'd recommend you take a look at Voolf's cities. He's developed a very convincing Mike Schley's style recently. He might be who you're after.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Sure you`re not missing a zero in your budget?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Just what I was thinking. I might be interested in the job, but city maps take many hours to make, and for this to be done by a professional you should expect to pay $300+. Just so you know...

Hadn't seen the money proposed before so ... yeah, just like my to fellows above.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Hi seroth77,

I'd recommend you take a look at Voolf's cities. He's developed a very convincing Mike Schley's style recently. He might be who you're after.
    You are very kind Thomas, let's not forget that your maps are also very nice. You should advertise your work too.

Quote Originally Posted by seroth77
    Technical:
    I will be loading this map into Roll20 so use your discretion as long as it is clear.
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    If you are going to use it digitally, there is no point making it 300dpi, anything in 72-100dpi range is enough. 300dpi is for printing. It is the size in pixels you should specify.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    Hmm, yes that may be a heavy blow in the chest, but i doubt anybody will take this commision for $30 with the reproduce AND distrubute license ("sourcebook and for promotional materials.")? Even without them...
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    You are very kind Thomas, let's not forget that your maps are also very nice. You should advertise your work too.
    Thanks Rafal. I'm convinced that when a fellow cartographer is a good fit for a client, it doesn't hurt to promote her or him. And my maps aren't very nice, they're damn nice

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Thanks Rafal. I'm convinced that when a fellow cartographer is a good fit for a client, it doesn't hurt to promote her or him. And my maps aren't very nice, they're damn nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Neither of you has any reason to be shy about your maps. You both provide excellent quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post

My apologies if my quote is too low for such great talent but since I am self funding this myself and don't have a ton of money, it may be a lost cause. Sorry if the price came as an insult but it is all I can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Just what I was thinking. I might be interested in the job, but city maps take many hours to make, and for this to be done by a professional you should expect to pay $300+. Just so you know...
    If I could offer more, I would. This is all I can afford. It may be a lost cause so I apologize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast