Thread: The Town of Burggen, Pilnderstraad Island

Map The Town of Burggen, Pilnderstraad Island

Burggen is one of the first towns you come to, once leaving the free city of Voud Califf. Only a few hours ride by horse, the Wardens come through Burggen fairly frequently, so there is less crime here than the rest of the island. There is also slightly more wealth and affluence in it's residents.

Yet even Burggen has its issues. Bandits raid Burggen, stealing food and livestock. Burggen builds walls to keep bandits out, and the bandits tear down the walls. And as much as the Wardens travel through Burggen, they can never seem to catch the bandits that plague this otherwise sleepy town. It's almost as if the bandits have fair warning of when they are hunted...

BurggenF.JPG
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Looks good! I'd like to visit this town one day

You may want to rethink that assessment . See, this town is located on Pilnderstraad, a prison island. There is only one way on or off this island prison, through the free city of Voud Califf, which is just outside of a 200 ft high wall that surrounds the island. Inside the Great Wall, it's survival of the fittest, and anarchy reigns.

This, and all communities of Pilnderstraad have banded together for mutual protection... but at the same time, trust can also be an issue. You never truly know if you can trust your neighbor.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    You may want to rethink that assessment . See, this town is located on Pilnderstraad, a prison island. There is only one way on or off this island prison, through the free city of Voud Califf, which is just outside of a 200 ft high wall that surrounds the island. Inside the Great Wall, it's survival of the fittest, and anarchy reigns.

This, and all communities of Pilnderstraad have banded together for mutual protection... but at the same time, trust can also be an issue. You never truly know if you can trust your neighbor.
    Oh... I didn't know that. Yeah, I don't want to this city anymore But it was nice to know about it. Very interesting facts.

Lol… Pilnderstraad is also posted here in the finished map section. All of these maps are for a 5ed D&D campaign I'm working on, to hopefuly be started this summer.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...