Thread: Yera_Novel Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Wip Yera_Novel Map

Hi everyone,

I've been putting this one off for a while now, but the publishing date is hurtling along at a speed. So, here I am... needing help with the first map of my novel.

After my huge breakthroughs with my Nessa'Mor map, I became certain I need to revisit the map I planned to add to my novel.
    That is the story though, a bit more than a year ago I couldn't draw, I couldn't create maps. But then I landed on Inkarnate and I finally made a few maps for my novel and it was really cool. But then I realized I can't publish my novel with Inkarnate maps. So, thus started the journey where I learned to draw from scratch and create stuff with GIMP, so that I can use my own assets to create a map. And a year and a few months later. Here we are.

In GIMP I managed to recreate my Yera map. But, my breakthroughs with Nessa'Mor made me think I need to revisit it. But, I only have days... and so I don't know what I should do. Looking at the map now, I can see hundreds of things I would do differently if I were to do it from scratch, I was heavily expirementing when I started this map. But, now I can only tweak with the little time I have... so I need help, feedback really.

After it is published I might recreate the whole thing. But for now, this is what I have to work with.

The question is, what tweaking can I do to make this better. Remember, I probably only have days to finish this map.

Thanks in advance,
    Omri

Yera's Crossing_byOmri.jpeg

© Omri Pieterse 2017. All Rights Reserved. 'Aka' Omri Hope/XCali
    Last edited by XCali; 07-12-2017 at 09:14 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19