Thread: Fantasy Mountain City Map

Post Fantasy Mountain City Map

Subject:
    I'm working on a setting for a large scale D&D campaign (more than 20 players and 5 DMs) and I am looking to commission a town map of their starting location and main campaign setting. I don't expect too much of the map just as long as it's completed and the town map is easy enough to read. I may decide to put it into a D&D module in the future so the quality should be at least semi professional but it needn't be anything fantastic.

Map details:
    The town of "Mir Kuldor" is set on the side of a mountain and it's streets are filled with trees and shrubs. The town was once a great dwarven settlement but was overtaken by the neighboring forest and now has a very dense tree cover over the majority of the town. Parts of the town are on plateaus of varying height while other parts are carved into caves and into a large fissure in the mountainside. The town is split into districts with their own landmarks and features. I can provide more details once you contact me and I can give you access to the google doc I have for it as well if necessary (don't worry it's only like 1-2 pages not a novel ;p )

Districts: Fissure District, Pillars of Duality(religious), Reservoir, Biolume District, Residential District, Hero’s square.
    The layout of the town I leave mostly up to you as long as each of the districts are represented.

Payment:
    I'm willing to negotiate a price and method of payment, however keep in mind that I'm on a budget and can't provide hundreds of dollars. I'm aiming for roughly $100 but there is some wiggle room. Some corners can be cut to avoid cost and to save you time if need be.

Style:
    The style of the map I'd like is flexible but I have a few examples of styles I like below
    https://mikeschley.com/phandalin
    https://fantasy-maps.com/wp-content/.../theogonia.jpg
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAV

Time Constraints:
    The campaign isn't anywhere close to being playable so there are no immediate time constraints. I will however need it to help plan some details about the story but I can't imagine needing it completed earlier than a month or two. If it needs more time than that I am very flexible but may need at least an outline of the layout by that point even if it's not the completed result.

Copyright:
    If my project catches on I'd like to be able to turn it into a proper D&D module that I can reproduce in the future so having the maps rights are a must, but you are always welcome to use it in a portfolio.

Contact Details:
    I'm on discord most of the time so that is where I'd like to be contacted as a primary but in the case you can't use that my email is a secondary
    Discord: @Command_Protec#3835
    Email: Jacob.grtzn@outlook.com

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Alright, I'm going to be "that guy" once again:

Jacob, for what you're asking for, especially under the consideration that this will be made for a commercial use license since you endeavour to use it in a module eventually, and in the style, color and detail you've suggested by your examples, you're looking at a price tag of at least $400. And if it's the (semi-) professional quality you want, done by a (semi-) professional, I'd say that's lowballing.