Thread: Calling for Cartographers (World Map)

Default Calling for Cartographers (World Map)

Hello Cartographers,

My name is Scott and I am looking for some help with my present world map. It's for a fantasy card/RPG game that has been in development for over four years. I've playtested it at over twenty cons and have got solid feedback. But, what it's really lacking is a solid world map. (I've written numerous short stories regarding the geography, characters, economies, and cities of the world if needed for reference.) What I'm using now is simply too unpolished. It's a photo of an island south of Australia , near Tasmania, and then I added mountains, snow, rivers, etc. It should be noted that I am perhaps the least visually acute person - ever! Probably in the bottom 10% of the general population. I mean, I still can only draw stick figures! That taken into consideration, this is what I have now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Allor5.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	656.5 KB 
ID:	68449

Now, while browsing this great website (which I do as a GM just for inspiration), I found this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Allor.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	659.2 KB 
ID:	68450

I realized the similarity in geographic locations (not done on purpose as I long sketched mine before ever seeing this one), but I can't help but to stare in awe at this map. It is, in a word, beautiful.

Anyone able to help me with this endeavor? I will gladly talk discuss financial compensation for time invested. Thanks for looking and happy map making!

I forgot the second part of the post. Sorry.

Timeline: I'm in no hurry, and much prefer this to be a working relationship. Of course, I'd love it sooner rather than later, but I'm looking for quality way beyond timeliness.

Copyright: As long as I have permission to use this in my works, the artist may retain copyrights of the map.

Scale: I'm not that technically evolved, but I would like the artist to understand that this map may be printed on 12" by 24" paper and then laminated. So it should retain clarity up to that size.

Thanks again for looking and have a great week.

penandpaper2@comcast.net
    Last edited by penandpaper2; 10-20-2014 at 09:01 PM.

An email would be nice

Thanks everyone for getting back with me. I have found someone for the job.