Thread: Looking for adjustable fantasy map (add cities, etc.), existing work is great

Map Looking for adjustable fantasy map (add cities, etc.), existing work is great

Greetings,

My name is Al Sterling. I'm a DM looking to build a fresh homebrew campaign, but I need a world to start with. The maps inspire my story telling, and I have zero talent in this particular arena, so...

What I'm looking for is much more about style than anything else. I've included a link for a map I'm absolutely in love with as an example of what I like. I'm really new at this, so I hope that's a good starting point. I would like something about that size, as well. Similar to the example, I'd like a generic high fantasy setting with 3-4 major kingdoms/continents, and a variety of landscapes. Since the map is the starting point for me, my needs on this point are pretty basic.

From there I need to be able to add cities and landmarks as the players progress, so the icons, fonts, and colors for that would be essential. I'm not using it for anything professional whatsoever, and will not post anything publicly.

If anyone has an existing map of a similar style, I'd be happy to pay for the use and permission to add cities and landmarks. Depending on the price point, I would also be interested in additional detailed maps of specific areas.

I know absolutely nothing about cartography, so if my request is inappropriate in some way please let me know.

Here is the link: https://goo.gl/images/bP5NXD

Thank you!
    Al Sterling

Hello Al,

I might be able to help you with this - my portfolio is here: http://www.ryansthomason.com/Mapmaking/, and I can be contacted at ryan@ryansthomason.com

I might like to work on this in case you should like my style.
    In case you can contact me directly on Deviant art.

Hey Al,

I'd also be interested in working on this project with you. To give you a little bit about myself, I’m a Ringling College grad and have been freelancing for the past few years working on video games, books, and table top rpgs. I have produced multiple maps, environment illustrations, and prop designs for clients all around the world. You can check out my portfolio at https://kate_moody.artstation.com. If you feel my style works for you, you can send me a message through the contact form on my site or send an email to kateam@optonline.net. Hope to hear from you.

Kate

I'm more than happy to invent you a world to play in. My portfolio is full of fantasy maps in that sort of style, and I love doing worldbuilding for other people to play with, I charge no extra fees to simply invent you a map.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I'm more than happy to invent you a world to play in. My portfolio is full of fantasy maps in that sort of style, and I love doing worldbuilding for other people to play with, I charge no extra fees to simply invent you a map.
    Hi Tiana,

I love a lot of what you've got, and it definitely fits with the style I'm looking for. Do you have any in particular that would be available for what I'm requesting? Hymar, Vel'Arn... several others. The Steampunk looked really cool. I especially love Escalaon, though that's obviously not a world map.

Thanks!
    Al Sterling

Quote Originally Posted by RemiSolo View Post
    Hi Tiana,

I love a lot of what you've got, and it definitely fits with the style I'm looking for. Do you have any in particular that would be available for what I'm requesting? Hymar, Vel'Arn... several others. The Steampunk looked really cool. I especially love Escalaon, though that's obviously not a world map.

Thanks!
    Al Sterling
    These maps were mostly made for clients published projects. (Although the Hymar one is for a private Dungeons and Dragons group, and he commented on the post so I can't really stop you from asking him for permission to use it privately!) I was imagining perhaps you would say "I like these maps" and I would take the elements I like best out of those maps and invent something original for you within the scale of your budget. Perhaps you would have a small laundry list of elements you love to see in a fantasy world, and I would work them in a way that made sense, and fill in all the gaps.

In fact, that's how the Hymar map was made.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!