Thread: Isles of Al'deroth

Wip Isles of Al'deroth

After browsing the forums for a while and learning a thing or two, I decided to try to flesh out my first map. This is one of those "I'm making it up as I go" projects. I used render -> clouds > threshold method and went from there. In the end I made islands that look like they form a circular shape, so I guess the backstory is that there are the remenants of blown super volcano. I think that I will go with washed up looks and paper texture. I do have question or two regarding rivers. How to know if you have enough of rivers on islands? And should I make them a bit thicker? They don't stand out that much.

PS. Names is subject to change since I just made it up for this thread

Isles Map.jpg

Hey! Just another new guy here, but I really like some of the shapes you got going on in this map! I think the rivers are a decent size as they are, but I guess that depends on the scale of the islands. Adding mountains should probably help with figuring out how big to make the rivers. Some of those rivers also seem to be trailing from odd places, and getting and idea of what's high-altitude's usually supposed to inform from where the rivers start and how they move. Were you planning on these being like pretty sizable islands, or on the smaller side?