Thread: First time DM'ing in decades

Default First time DM'ing in decades

Hello all!

I used to play D&D as a kid and into college. Played some Pathfinder in recent years, but I'm currently delving back into DMing for the first time in probably 20 years. I just started building a world to run a group of friends in, and it's incredible to see all the new digital tools out there to make maps and organize your world building notes and writings.

Stoked to delve more into Inkarnate and possibly get into Photoshop/Illustrator mapmaking. I've been a designer in advertising for awhile so I've a handle on Adobe, but mapmaking is a different skillset than laying out digital ads and emails. Hah.

Looking forward to learning from all of you enthusiasts!

-Christopher

Welcome, Cristopher!

Many of us started making maps for a RPG campaign, but remained cartographers for life

I see that you are not an absolute beginner, but why don't you head over to the Guilds' very helpful Tutorials section and see if there is anything for you. Of course, you can also start a discussion about your topics of interest or ask other mappmakers for advice.

Hope we'll see some of your maps soon!

Thanks!

Yeah, I checked out a couple of the tutorials last night. Lots of great techniques and advice in there with Photoshop that I don't use that often in my line of work and have forgotten since my design courses.

Already loving a lot of the inspiration here on the forum!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!