Thread: Commission to Create Maps for my Home-Brew D&D Campaign

Post Commission to Create Maps for my Home-Brew D&D Campaign

Disclaimer: I am brand new to this site and this is my first attempt to commission art/services of any kind for any reason. Please forgive any ineptitude on my part. Please contact me at jrswartley--at--gmail.com (remove the -- and convert "at" to @) if you are interested in this commission.

Subject

I am currently running a home-brew D&D 5e campaign based in the world of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archives. The campaign takes place entirely online using Roll20. I have made some attempts at creating location maps and battle maps, but due to a lack of artistic talent I am hoping to commission a cartographer to create some maps for my use in this campaign. I have some specific requests at the moment, and in an ideal scenario I would develop a working relationship with someone from whom I could commission additional maps as necessary for my campaign. Currently I have the following maps in mind:

A location map for Dalinar Kholin's warcamp; a description can be found here: https://stormlightarchive.fandom.com/wiki/Warcamp.
    A battle map for the Ardents' section of the war camp: it would contain a combat-training area, living quarters, studies, a library, something like a hospital, and cells for the mentally-disturbed.
    A large map of the Shattered Plains: very little detail is required, mostly just an expanse of irregular plateaus and chasms.

Style

I don't have a strong vision for the style; I'm not sure how to be most helpful here. I'd like the maps to be in color, and I'm a fan of a more cartoon-like style, similar to this map of Phandalin from Wizards of the Coast: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/w...=Phandalin.jpg (sans the labels). However, I'm pretty open to any style with which a commissioned cartographer is comfortable; this is not the most important component of my request.

Quality & Size

Semi professional
    Web
    Unfortunately I'm not certain what dimensions I'll need for these maps. I want the battle map and the Shattered Plains to be compatible with a 5 ft. x 5 ft. grid on Roll20 without blurriness.

Time Constraints

If anyone can produce any or all of the aforementioned maps before Thursday at 7 pm EST, I'd be willing to provide additional payment for the "rush". Otherwise, my Thursday session every week is a new deadline for me. I'd expect the cost to scale with the wait time.

Copyright

I don't want any rights to the maps; I just want to able to use them for my own personal campaign. If there are any issues related to this being a request for materials based on Brandon Sanderson's copyrighted intellectual property, please inform me. I don't want to get myself or anyone else in trouble.

Hey, sending an email so we can discuss this more.

Taken. Thanks for the repsonses!