Thread: Seeking an Academy Campus map for a roleplay

Post Seeking an Academy Campus map for a roleplay

I'm sure just about anyone has seen the typical campus map -- it usually looks something like this.

I am seeking out a map in the above style with two versions -- one with a key and numbered locations, and one without. This map is for my modern fantasy roleplaying site -- as a result, I would prefer to be the one to retain copyright over the work. I'm seeking either professional or semi-professional work. I am expecting to pay roughly between $50-150 dollars for this map, and I would like to use paypal.

This is a map of the fantastical and prestigious Starlight Academy -- a school for all who are supernatural in nature. This Academy is vastly larger than even average college campus, as it is the only one like it in the world and harbors creatures and beings from all around the world and beyond. The buildings feature elaborate architecture, with predominately Gothic architecture. The buildings feature spiraling towers, arches, ribbed vaults, and lots of indoor lighting. Though the buildings may seem old, they are in pristine condition and even feature the latest of technology and magicks. It's an all encompassing Academy, supporting and teaching all ages from Preschool to College aged.

I'm willing to discuss more details over email. I'd love to see examples of your work and see if you are a good fit for the style I'm looking for! Please do not PM me (I can't view PMs yet) but post here. If I want to hire you, I'd like to move over to Email at that time.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Mmmm... NGH I think if you prefer that people email you you should add an email address to your post...

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioFrade View Post
    Mmmm... NGH I think if you prefer that people email you you should add an email address to your post...
    I'd prefer to discuss and see samples here in this thread first before moving to email; sorry if that wasn't clear.

I am willing to negotiate the price if it seems too low!

Still looking for this.

NGH - I think part of the problem may be that you stated you wanted this done as "vastly larger than even average college campus" and the "buildings feature elaborate architecture, with predominately Gothic architecture" but then said you were expecting it for "roughly between $50-150 dollars". You want "either professional or semi-professional work" and you would "prefer to be the one to retain copyright".
    That is pretty much a nogo for most.

The work you have described would be quite time intensive.
    As such, it would also be rather costly, I can tell you, as a professional illustrator.
    I just wanted to let you know, as you are still looking for someone.
    It would likely help if people knew you were willing to pay more toward what this commission would actually cost.

Also, just an after thought, some people may not be able to tackle the more complicated gothic architecture.
    That might play into maybe.
    Cheers, J