Thread: Hey y'all

Default Hey y'all

I'm definitely new here and new to mapmaking. I'm completely self taught, as are many of you, and I've been working on my skills for probably about a year.

I got into cartography because I wanted to make my own fantasy maps for the books I write. It has also helped me a ton in creating culture and in generic world building. Now it's one of my favorite things to do when I start a new book!

I don't have anything publish, but someday I will! I also dream really big, and I have the drive to go along with it. I look forward to be able to grow and learn along with many others in this community!

Redalia

Hey Redalia,

Welcome to the forums! Just like you, I’m pretty new here and a beginner at mapmaking (actually, today I made my first post), and I’ve also been hesitant to post my humble creations. Seeing all the amazing works of the veterans here can be indeed somewhat intimidating, but it also motivates me to try to get there.

So I want to encourage you to post a few things. From what I’ve noticed, this is a great community with really supportive folks, and you have nothing to lose.

Here’s a quote that helps me when I’m just starting out learning something: “Don’t compare your beginning with someone else’s middle.”