Thread: New Here

Default New Here

Hello,

What a great community I have found! I am an RPGer who has mostly been a player. As a recent DM and GM however, I plan on creating more content soon and perhaps generating some adventures for sale on Drivethru RPG or some other such site. However, I have no experience with made up mappin. I did work for a while with GIS and was a digital cartographer years ago making road and street atlases - but that was all just manipulation of existing datasets and making things pretty in ESRI products. I want to learn more about the art of cartography and specifically the toosl and resources available. I have begun watching tutorials online to learn how to draw mountains forests dungeons, etc. and have a list of software/websites such as Photoshop or Inkarnate that are used in different ways be fantasy cartographers. Eager to see what this community is creating, and to learn from the excellent examples I see here!

TORFINT (The Only Real Failure Is Never Trying)

Hello, and welcome, Torfint! I like the acronym, it hits the nail on the head for basically anything. I hope you find the inspiration you're looking for, luckily cartography is as easy as putting pen/pencil to paper and seeing what happens. There are many DM's around here, myself included, and I hope you find some pieces that spur you to start mapping!