Thread: Request to to draw a map of our property/camp

Default Request to to draw a map of our property/camp

I own 10 acres of land that we've built out into a sort of summer camp. Mostly used by friends, but also friends of friends. I'd love to have a map of it to hang on the wall, but also to show new comers so they know where things are and property lines.

Ideally the map will look like a cross between the first image in this album and the second. Black and white, with some trees, with simplistic sketches of the various structures. But instead of totally flat, something slightly on par with a ski slope map. It doesn't have to be that extreme, but something that shows the elevation changes, as our place sits on a southern slope and all the pockets and elevation changes are a big part of it.

I can provide screenshots of the Sketchup 3d models of most of the structures at the correct perspective, which should help in orienting and drawing. Also plenty of photos and other map sketches that have been done.

The hire will be based on your aesthetic. I'm open to this looking a few different ways, but ultimately getting the look of the tree deck and cabin drawings right will be imperative.

Here's some photos of a few property features and some maps in the ballpark of what I'm looking for. Though as stated, with a little less tree clutter and a little more elevation being featured, the first map is pretty spot on style wise.

https://imgur.com/a/qXzmsFi

If we get hired to draw the map, does that make us "friends"? LOL It looks lovely I'd camp there.

My fantasy maps.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Hello Cadacus,

I'm a map-maker and illustrator with several years experience in aerial view and illustrated maps, if my style suits I'd be happy to talk about your project - I'm at ryan@ryansthomason.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    If we get hired to draw the map, does that make us "friends"? LOL It looks lovely I'd camp there.

My fantasy maps.
    Ha. Thanks. It's a pretty simple process. Our friendship application packet is only 30 short pages, a few references, and two blood samples.

Thanks for sending your portfolio. I'll look it over.

Quote Originally Posted by caducus View Post
    Ha. Thanks. It's a pretty simple process. Our friendship application packet is only 30 short pages, a few references, and two blood samples.

Thanks for sending your portfolio. I'll look it over.
    Okay, great, so the blood can be from two different people right? As long as it fills the jars?

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!