Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Empire of Hell - A Hand Drawn Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The Empire of Hell - A Hand Drawn Map

There I am again folks

This time I'm presenting another map for the same client as the Elvaron map I posted earlier. This is a separate dimension compared to Elvaron. It's a lot smaller, and basically a smouldering rock floating in darkness. I tried a floating island for the first time, and I think it turned out rather well. Had to fill up a lot of space at the top though, so I put in some quick inset maps, nothing too fancy. For a few future projects I've got planned I'm thinking of doing hand drawn inset maps with more detail, instead of these digital insets

Let me know what you think!

HellFinishedLow.jpg

Very beautiful

How long did it take you to draw this?

Agreed, this is very well done. Whatever underworld this empire represents, it must be very nice to be condemned to eternal punishment there.
    "Hey, listen here. If you have thick enough cataracts, anything looks like a brick. So I'm right."

Hell dosen't look so bad.

Nice map.

I think it's pretty nifty.

I don't know what standard practice is with publishing, but you might want to consider putting your name in the map when posting online. Even though it's pretty easy to edit out in a B&W image you at least start from a position of more strength.

Thanks for the comments everyone Took about two days I'd say. And I've thought of the copyright issues, but I have dated pictures of the drawing process, so I guess that'll be fine

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Really nice ! I find floating island really difficult to draw, but you sure master it !

Very fine map and efficient layout. Well done!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Great lines! I'm a big fan of the black and white pen maps these days, this one's top shelf. I agree about floating islands being hard, but your technique is working well.

Mmmmm... I AM curious about HOW LONG it took you. I would say easily around a week but not sure.

Never was able mto draw ravines on my end. Maybe its because of my scale and all, but I am quite jealous of your texture. Mountains are good. I have a hard time with the wavy lines in the Felstic Plateau. Truth be told I barely use texture, so I cannot say with confidence, but shouldn't wavy lines like that either represent windblown hills like in a Badland or a desert, or waves in the ocean?

mmm... The grass texture might be an interesting addition to my maps as well. They way you draw them, not as a cluster, provides an easy overview when zooming out without overfilling. Good balance!

Maybe you could add some tiny rocks tumbling down or something along those already awesome cliffs? Or maybe miniature floating islands? Or some swirling clouds or something! Or how about some caves? or some lower plains with their own biome closer to the bottom of the floating island? Like an underground kinda.

... Haha.. ha... I wanted to give you rep but got a message saying I can't give you one more rep so soon after the previous... Guess I really like your style! ... WAIT! Now I know why those mountains were so familiar! Gosh... I remember that rep I gave you on another thread of yours. Can't believe I am so short memory... That other map was awesome by the way!
    Last edited by Elterio Delgard; 08-21-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast