View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

That sounds champion

So - don't worry Kacey we've got it all sorted out now, despite that weird new tea that Straf was testing the other day

From the top down we have the Compass, a coin with Robbie's magnificent profile on one side and a compass on the other. Then we have the mountain - presumably 4 in a compass, since there are four hills in a mountain. Then there are bumps (four in a hill), and ripples (four in a bump).

There's also a condensed form of magic that comes in bars called rhumb, in which there are 1000 squeaks... I think!

Ohhh, I might have to draw these up when I can find some spare moments
    I've already got a cool idea for some of it.

Oh, and ALL HAIL FLAPPYMAP !!!!!

Edit - scored 548
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlappyMap_-_2017-01-11_13.36.37.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	709.1 KB 
ID:	91133
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-11-2017 at 01:37 PM.

And.... J.Edward was never seen again. Flapping into the distance.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That sounds champion

So - don't worry Kacey we've got it all sorted out now, despite that weird new tea that Straf was testing the other day

From the top down we have the Compass, a coin with Robbie's magnificent profile on one side and a compass on the other. Then we have the mountain - presumably 4 in a compass, since there are four hills in a mountain. Then there are bumps (four in a hill), and ripples (four in a bump).

There's also a condensed form of magic that comes in bars called rhumb, in which there are 1000 squeaks... I think!
    Sounds about right. Just don't forget the volcano's. While they are in a strict sense still mountains, they do lose a bit of value. So you might end up giving a merchant more of them, and get three hills, and maybe some bumps and ripples as change.

And doesn't everybody like a little "Rhumb" in their tea? (personally, I drink "Rhumb" straight)

Yes I do like rhumb, its just that it gives me the squeaks! Hic! Sorry - there goes another one!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    So after it has been tested by one person, and another person is called in to verify it's quality, to they bite off the same point eventually creating a butte or mesa? Or to they work off each point until they end up with a little hex marker?
    Nah, once is enough for most people. Only the Dwarves have been known to take more than one bite. But I hear they like chewing on rocks. Rumor has it that they actually take bits of Volcano money and use it in a Dwarven Bakery somewhere in this City. Rumor has it a mage from the castle tried it once. It made him so dizzy he couldn't walk. So he drunk some Rhumb with the Volcano bread, hoping it would help him walk in a straight line. but instead it increased his dizziness until he stubbed his toe on a rock. Now the humans have taken to nicknaming Volcano bread "Krak a toe ah".

@J.Edward Lol...I can't wait to see those!

@Mouse lol. Careful mouse. Too much Rhumb and you might end up like that poor mage.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post

Word has it that the Druids, and Alchemists in 56 have joined forces with the university to create inks which withstand the test of time, and are resistant to sun damage. Perhaps they could begin research to find an alloy which would be suitably non destructive.
    Indeed, a rather fast fixative resin has been developed that can absorb the sunlight and prevent it from bleaching the pigments. However, as this resin contains a non-insignificant proportion of dried poppy milk, and an extract from grains that may or may not have developed ergot, cartographers are advised not to lick their brushes or eat their words lest they wish to espy elephants of a rather rosey colouration

So it has grown quite apparent that there is in fact quite a large amount of river trade and travel going on in this town of ours, and I've started to wonder quite how that works what with all the waterfalls and such? Are there locks all over the place? Some magical means of moving boats up and down? Sky chariots pulled by air sharks? No wait, that last one is a different subject... Erm what about a bucket convener or water wheel where the boats steer into the bucket and get lifted with the water?

Actually having sketched it out it is fairly clear why those ideas aren't practical and we use locks in the real world. But it doesn't mean we can't have them in this city
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7204 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	91179

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast