Thread: [Region 1][Map 27][Town 01]Argria

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

@RobA: Heh, well, I'll cut him some slack on his sig since his maps are so good. Actually, I did tone them down just a bit - and now they're spread throughout the whole city.
    @industrygothica: I'll be lucky to finish just *this* part of the area at this rate. I would like to get around to that fort I talked about (Bastion) and maybe the Stoneshaper's Guild fortress - a dungeon map, I reckon.

Anyway, here's the latest. Much more color and shading variation. Think I'm done with that part. Next time I get an hour to work on it I'll start converting the flat roofs to slanted - as is done in the more detailed area in the small section southeast of the fort. I was turning my shading layer on and off...amazing what a difference those few shaded roofs make. I think the map will really pop when that is spread around to the rest of it.

I'm still pondering how to handle the tents/yurts, hippodrome, and fort. Will probably wait on those until I at least get the rest of the city finished on the macro scale, but before I start putting in plants, courtyards, and all of that crazy detail.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argria---300ppi..jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	22667