Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
A.3 I'll repeat my proposal to feature a small number of fixed gateways between select locations. Because this is something that would actually show on the maps, both via the placement of the gates themselves as well as the expansion and migration of peoples and kingdoms.
I've just always assumed that some if not all of your locus points that you proposed way back had a feature like this. If we do this I think we should treat them more like sci-fi wormholes which have variable stability and also that the do not necessarily have well defined exits (in other words that not all of them end up at other nodes, nor that their exits are so well defined as to be easily discovered). There could also of course be devices devised to create or stabilize these things. I also feel that they should take on the aspects of the node they occupy. So if it's a flame aspected node so is the tunnel, and the things sent thorough have to be prepared to deal with that.

Another thought about the tunnels is the physical aspects of being inside of them. At first I was thinking instant sort of portals and gateways as you suggest, but my overuse of the misplaced word "tunnels" has me considering that what if you had to take actual trips through these things like they really were tunnels and maybe they have branches, maybe you can get lost in them etc. Maybe some of them even have flora and fauna etc. That'd be cool in my opinion. It also means mapping opportunities for the tunnels themselves.