Thread: [WIP] Small Hamlet of Redleaf

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Default [WIP] Small Hamlet of Redleaf

Howdy, I'm working on my digital drafting and painting / drawing skills. This is the first map I've begun and got considerably into the was fully digital throughout - I got a hankering late last night. I'm currently stuck on some line-work issues, figuring out building shadows, making a waterfall effect for the waterwheel, and general texture. Does anyone have any recommendations? This style is highly derivative of Larb's towns (although I messed up pretty much all the line weights I think.) Also, can anyone recommend some Photoshop new file settings to get a nice high-resolution workspace? I hate dealing with pixelation at 400%.

I also have no clue how to get those nice lines on Larb's town buildings, or how to draw a perspective monument (aiming for a fisherman, guy in a cloak will do - heck, even a fish hook) for the Shrine for Pontus. I'm using a Huion drawing tablet, but the transition to pen to tablet is messy (especially since the pen wasn't that strong anyways...)

(Some color sloppiness is just that - I clean up at the end, I promise) Thanks for reading, please look over and give feedback, thank you

Redleaf.png

Also, check out my vectorized world-map and please give me feedback! Illustrator to the max!
    Last edited by Frenchie the DM; 02-15-2016 at 05:34 PM.